Saturday, June 5, 2010

"For the Record-Featuring Bill Bourne

Our first trailer is out, and I think it is really good. We are calling it a trailer but it is more a music video with a little bit of a pitch. I don't want to make this a commercial thing, but yet I do need to sell them. That is tough balance, when as an artist do you become crass and commercial. You want people to see the work and at the same time you need to make a living. It is definitely a contradiction at times.

I have spent most of my career being pretty low key. Well, that is starting to change somewhat. I now want to have a bit of both. I am really tired of the conventional way of making television and film in Canada and have officially swerved down a different path. I hope people will join me.

I suspect it will be next week, or perhaps the week after...I will relaunch a brand new website for Hired Gun. It will have some of my films you can watch for free, the new trailer, my director's reel and you will be able to download for just $1.49, a documentary I did on power music couple Mae Moore and Lester Quitzau. So stay tuned for more news on the website.

No comments:

Post a Comment