Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Vanity-Friend or Foe?

So I did something weird today. I started a fan page on Facebook. I have been working with Elaine Elrod, from Often Seen New Media and she has beenn Social Marketing for the Filmmaker put on by the NFB and NSI. Its a bold new world where the entire globe is at your fingertips. Is it the future, our destiny, or our ruin...who knows, questions for another day.

So this fan page was very difficult because it feels very vain. I am really not a vain person. Off coure I am creatively brilliant, but I don't like telling people that they need to discover my greatness on their own. All kidding aside it feels weird tooting your own horn. I suspect many artists out there (yeah I consider myself an artist) have problems with this aspect of their career. When does self promotion become to indulgent and obnoxious. Umm a question I suspect I may discover the answer to if I continue down the path I have started.

So lets add it up a Facebook fan page, this blog, I am on twitter and I have a website www.hiredgunfilms.com...oh and lets not forget I recently took up a bit of acting. Well there you go, I am becoming a marketing machine. Let's see what becomes of it.

Oh yeah, don't forget to join the Hired Gun Productions fan page.

1 comment:

  1. To qualify as vain you have to include a link to the fan page! So I guess you don't qualify.

    http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#!/pages/Hired-Gun-Productions-Inc/338658792954?ref=ts

    ReplyDelete